Monday, October 25, 2010

my single tear moment



driving up the mountain 
more off roading

one of the views from the top

driving on the NE part of the island


Hello everyone!
Hope you all had an amazing weekend... mine was super long but amazing!

Saturday was spent driving all around the island, literally. We went off roading on the west mountains in the morning and then drove to the north east pat and did this thing called the Haunted Lagoon. It was super fun.

Anyways, I wanted to share another cool testimony from my middle school girls if that's ok.
So this past friday the girls invited one of their friends to join us and it was her first time at youth service. 2 of the girls have been having a really hard time with family things and had been talking to me all week asking for prayer and encouragement. Anyways, so we spent about an hour just talking through some things and all of a sudden their friend just completely opens up and starts sharing about some big issues in her life and it quickly turned into this emotional healing session but the craziest thing happened. God was totally there and the girls started to pray for their friend and started encouraging her. Then they requested that we all gather in a circle and one girl prayed for everyone before heading to service. Well, at service their friend ended up giving her life to the Lord and decided to start following Jesus... it was awesome!!!
I just started to cry. I mean this was discipleship at its fullest.
Three girls that I have been mentoring and investing into really growing and stepping up despite personal hardships. Then seeing them reach out to their friend and her friend getting saved.
CRAZZY!!!

God is just way too awesome for words and it is just amazing to see these young girls grow so much and have such a heart for God and for their friends.
Im so proud of them!

On a completely random note, I have been thinking a lot lately about a few of my youth pastors from middle school and early high school that really made a huge impact on my life. Those foundations that they helped build really have come to light in the past couple of weeks. Anyways, I called one of them up out of the blue today and we hadn't talked in years but it was like we just picked up right where we left off. I got to thank her and tell her how much she meant to me and how grateful I am for all the hard work she did years ago but that it was worth it because who knows where I would have been without them. We talked for a while and I just was so happy to have finally gotten a hold of her. Now, I want to call a few others and thank them as well... the end

3 weeks left of the internship!!

Also, Im going to be coming up with a newsletter in the next couple of weeks of so and if you are interested in receiving one, just let me know!

Thanks guys!
Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment