Thursday, October 14, 2010

a testimony and cake

hey everyone,
its been a while since I updated this here blog so I thought I would share a story of a couple of people I have been reaching out to.
As I have mentioned before, I have been helping out with the middle schools girls each week. In particular 3 young girls who I have grown to love. 2 of the girls just got saved this summer and I have been helping them in their walk by disciplining them and mentoring them. Last friday was their fall break so only one girl was there. We were talking and she shared with me how much she loves our meetings each week. She was saying that she would always have a hard time walking out her faith during the week but she said that it means so much having someone who is walking with her and lifting her up.
It took everything in me not to cry.
I mean, Im not doing anything special. But the fact that I have invested time into these gils lives, valued them as individuals, and encouraged them in their walk is actually making a difference is crazy. I never saw myself being able to relate to Jr. High girls. I hated those years of my life. Yet, its crazy to see what God does when you put yourself out there. Lives can be changed. These girls are yearning to learn more about God. They are so hungry. It blows my mind. It blows my mind to think that God is using me to reach them. I just love those girls so much and Im so proud of the progress thats been made in their lives.
I just wanted to share that with you guys because you all had a part in it too. Those prayers, the financial support, the random texts, whatever support you have given has directly impacted 3 amazing young girls.
Tomorrow is my 22nd birthday.
I think this internship is one of the best gifts ever. I have grown so much this year. God has been able to use this broken vessel to reach people here. It has humbled me so much. To think that this 22nd year of life is really just the beginning to this next phase in life.
I honestly can't wait!!
Thanks you again for all you support.
4 weeks left of the internship.
i think im gonna go have some cake now.
love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment