Monday, October 18, 2010

Amazing 22nd Birthday

Me and my two roomies!
So friday was my 22nd birthday.
I love birthdays.
I love the idea of celebrating life with your closest friends and family.
This year, being in Hawaii for this internship, I had a very unique birthday.
Fridays are usually my longest and busiest days of the week. My birthday was no different. We had prophet Jim Laffoon teach our class all day. WOW. Thats really the only word that can describe the 6 hours he taught us. We went through about 75 pages worth of notes and Im still processing everything. After the class he prophesied over our class. For me it was a great birthday present. I got so much confirmation and encouragement about going into youth ministry, leading youth on mission trips, and my musical abilities.
So after Jim Laffoon all day, I got to spend my 2 hours with my middle school girls. As I mentioned in my last blog, this girls have become like family. I love them so much and am so proud of the way they just yearn for more Jesus. It's been great really getting to invest so much into them. They were excited it was my birthday and got me a cake. It was really sweet. Then we just hung out and did our one 2 one discipling before youth service.
After youth service, I was finally able to really celebrate my birthday. My roommates planned a dinner for me and about 25 people showed up at this Japanese restaurant and we all just hung out and had an amazing time!
Someone asked me what I would normally be doing on my birthday back in LA, I kind of laughed. The past 5 years, I have celebrated my birthday in different locations and with different people. I always kind of hated it but on friday night I realized how much of a blessing that is. No matter where God has sent me, he has always provided and surrounded me with so many people.
Saturday I went to my first Luau. It was a show. Basically it was circle of life meets lilo and stitch. haha.
It was pretty amazing to see some of those dances. My favorite part was the drums. Those drums were amazing and brought the level of intensity to this greater level. It was awesome!!
Now that the celebrating is over, I'm excited to finish up these last 4 weeks of the internship. That's right, there are only 4 weeks left!
Thank you for you prayers and support.
Hope you all have a blessed week!

1 comment:

  1. I just realized that is true what you said we haven't have you celebrating your birthday home since you were seventeen. ah I remember one birthday in between that you were working with me at MGP was it your nineteen or twenty? we gave you that surprise party that you planed remember jaa jaa. Good memories I love you honey have a good week. I'm glad that you have only four more weeks to be done.

    ReplyDelete